Chicken

My One Pot Recipe Of Chicken Stew.

03:36

Chicken Stew is one recipe that I can make at any time of the day and enjoy it with my little fella. My mother inherited this recipe from her aunt and very wisely she passed it to me. As a child , I used to love this stew specially on winter evenings, as an adult , I preferred this stew because it helped me to stay in shape and now as a mother I always recommend this wholesome Stew because it is so full of nutrition. This Chicken stew is a superb combination of taste and health.

This is my one pot recipe of Chicken, as I have combined all the ingredients together in a single pot and allowed it to cook in the flavours for almost an hour . You can serve this Chicken Stew with your favourite dinner bread or you can also add some noodles and pastas to this recipe.

Recipe Of Chicken Stew


Recipe Of Chicken Stew

Ingredients

  • 1 celery heart
  • 100 g small carrots
  • 100 baby leeks ( optional )
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2-3 Cardamoms
  • 200 g small onions
  • 1 thumb size piece of ginger
  • 1 kg whole Chicken
  • 2-3 bay leaves
  • 1 tbs turmeric 
  • 1/2 tbs black pepper
  • Salt according to taste


Recipe Of Chicken Stew

Method

  • Roughly chop the celery and carrots and peel the garlic, onions and ginger. Keep them aside.
  • Place a large saucepan with the chicken, bay leaves and season it with salt and black pepper. Now add enough water to cover the chicken.
  • Bring it to boil and then simmer for an hour.
  • Now add the onions and other vegetables and garlic and bring it to boil for couple of more minutes.
  • Stir occasionally and season it with salt if required.
  • Switch off the flame and allow it to warm. 
  • Ladle it in a big  bowl and enjoy.
Recipe Of Chicken Stew

This recipe is for the KFB ongoing event, where the featured blogger is Chitangada who blogs at Colorandspices.

https://www.facebook.com/kolkatafoodbloggers

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.