Asian food

Review Of Indian Restaurant in Singapore - The Banana Leaf Apolo

03:50




 Don't know about men but way to my heart is definitely through my stomach i.e through good food.πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

After procrastinating for years I am finally re starting my food blog today. YeahhhhπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ

Don't know was I more nervous when I first started or am I today. While seating alone in this Bistro today am dealing with my fear of solo eating/drinking. Yes, I hated eating along and probably this was one of the many reason why I was not doing restaurant and event review for so long. Was doing micro blogging though in Instagram but didn't really walk up to a restaurant manager saying I am food blogger and wanted to write a review on your restaurant so could you mind spending next few minutes with me sharing details about the kind of food you serve. 

Feels like today I am more grateful to the community I had back when I started blogging. Offers always came to me I never had to approach any one. 

But today I did, without anyone's reference I entered the restaurant and talked to the manager and in next few minutes we were seating together and he not only shared all the necessary information but also laid a beautiful table for me to take pictures and taste.

This is what happen when you stop procrastinating and take action.        

 Now , talk about India and the first thing that comes to our mind is ' The Great Indian Food'. Food that make you go drool over richness of its spices, authenticity and variety. And to taste such authentic Indian food in Singapore, today I am at Banana Leaf Apolo - A 47 yrs old restaurant in Singapore serving South and North Indian Food. As of now they have 4 branches in Singapore and their 5th one will be opening soon in May.

When asked about the name why Banana Leaf - their reply was very informative. Though from India I could hardly remember having food in Banana leaf but have always heard about its benefit and tradition. 

Though this leaf is used all over India to serve food but it is more popular down South India. Banana leaf rice is a traditional method of serving rice dishes in South Indian Cuisine. And to maintain this tradition they not only named the restaurant as Banana Leaf but also serve food in Banana leaf. 





I totally enjoyed eating in today and realized when food is served in Banana Leaf with lots of love it just add so much to your experience.


Though they serve both Vegetarian and Non vegetarian dishes from South and North India, I specifically loved their South Indian Thali - that comes with 8 kind of curries including yogurt and Payasam (sweet rice pudding) along with one Chapathi and Rice.

Their other specialties are Fish head Curry , Chicken Masala, Prawn Masala and lamb Shank. Also don't miss out on their Signature dishes like Veg Kolahpuri and Paneer Makhni.



So if you like Indian Food or want try this unique experience of having steaming hot Indian food in Banana Leaf you know exactly where to go in Singapore.



Note : Do not leave the restaurant without trying their Filter Coffee. 

Follow my Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/foodiefunnclub

                 Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/priyafoodmyway.blogspot.in

            Instagram Page - https://www.instagram.com/debapriyabiswas/?hl=en

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.