Indian

Recipe Of Mango Rice In Rice Paper

12:49

Childhood days are so special,when I look back to my childhood days,all I remember is affection and cares of my parents,grand-parents and other dear relations.Today,I am on a nostalgic trip to my school days , where weekends inevitably meant a visit to my maternal uncle's house and spending the entire day with cousin brothers and grandparents amidst fun and frolic.And,to top it all were the lip smacking cuisines made by my mami (maternal aunt). I was very close to my aunt and I remember how I used to sit by her side in the evening and she would tell me fairy tales-tales of prince and princesses ,and stories of ghost. She was also a pioneer in our family in broadening our palates from the traditional bengali  dishes to gastronomic delights from all across the globe. I especially enjoyed the flavored rices like lemon and Mango Rice and the sweets and savouries cooked by her with great care and  precision. Immensely nutritious and equally tasty we would always ask for more helpings.

So,here I am today sharing this recipe of Mango Rice as a tribute to my aunt exemplary culinary skills and of course to the memories of the fun filled and carefree days of childhood.

Mango Rice is a south Indian Recipe and I have been making this for the last 2 years and the original notes have undergone changes with every time I made these. If you love south Indian Lemon rice,then you will love this too.
Recipe Of Mango Rice In Rice Paper

Ingredients:


  • Basmati Rice 500 gms
  • Mustard Seed 1 tbs
  • Grated Coconut 4 tbs
  • Dried Red Chilli 1-2
  • Green Chilli 2
  •  Turmeric 1/4 tbs
  • Grated Raw Mango 1cup
  • Channa dal 3 tbs
  • Curry leaves 
  •  Rice Paper (optional)
Recipe Of Mango Rice In Rice Paper

Method :

  • Peel the raw mango and grate it to get the required amount. Meanwhile soak the channa dal in warm water for 30 mints.
  • For the masala,make a paste of mustard seeds,dried red chilli,turmeric,grated coconut along with grated mango.
  • In a pan add some oil and some mustard seeds along with red chilli and curry leaves.Add the channa dal and stir for a while.Then add salt and turmeric and give a good toss,and last add the masala made of grated coconut and raw mango along with the other ingredients.Give it a good mix until well combined.
  • Add the rice and gently mix to until combine.keep it in a bowl.
  • Rice paper comes out of the package hard and inedible.they must be soaked in water before using.
  • Fill a plate or bowl with warm water,soak the rice paper in it for 30 sec,take it out gently and put them on a kitchen towel for another few seconds.
  • Now fill the sheets with the rice filling and fold them to give a desired shape.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.