Beet

Recipe Of Beet With Lemon And Honey....Persian Laboo

13:46

Vegetables and I are certainly not best of friends.My parents had a tough time convincing me to eat fresh veggies,my mom's innovations hardly used to impress me.Now my daughter is exactly behaving the same way,I literally have to go to my knees to make her eat vegetables.Therefore when I went through this recipe in a Persian food blog,my excitement knew no bounds because this was exactly a kind of dish I was looking for,simple,easy and yet flavorsome.Beet is one such vegetable which is not only blessed with good looks but also has high nutritional values,it is also a very versatile as it can be used in both sweet and savory dishes.

Laboo is a very popular street food in Iran and is specially made in winters,I thought of making it in this monsoon as it will be not a bad idea to gulp a plate of hot laboo in the evening and enjoy the rains.

Recipe Of Beet With Lemon & Honey

 Method :

  • Take 2 medium size Beets peel them and cut them into slices. In a saucepan and add enough water to boil them for 30 mints,first 2-3 mints in medium heat and then in low.
  • Add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoon of sugar or honey,cover the pan and let it simmer in low heat for another 15 mints.Remove the Beets from the pan once they are tender.Make sure their is some liquid left in the bottom of the pan. 
  •  Garnish it with some crushed walnuts or cashews or raisins.

Recipe Of Beet With Lemon & Honey

Recipe Of Beet With Lemon & Honey

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your comments.